Sunday, February 21, 2010

Clowns and Balloons and Boats!

We spent our Saturday at the LA Boat Show which means that for a few hours, Ryan wanders off by himself in pure boat heaven and the kids and I wander off in search of booths giving away free stuff and the balloon man and face painting clown. We always have a good time!

One of our first stops was the face painting clown. After watching the other kids get their faces painted, Marissa bravely wanter her turn, too. She really does have to do everything they do. She wasn't a bit scared and sat patiently while the clown worked her magic. She was so thrilled to look in the mirror afterward. The clown was very impressed with how good she was.


Here's Brandon getting ready to get the big giant snake painted all over his face. He wanted a picture with the clown first, though.


Here's a shot of the finished products on Maylan, her cousin Karina, and Brandon. They were all so careful all day not to touch it. Maylan and Karina got the same design, just in different colors.

And here they all are with faces painted and their balloon animals. The balloon animals didn't last nearly as long as the face paint for some reason.

Marissa got a little pink doggie. Hers was the first to die because she loved it a little too much!

And one last shot before we left showing off all the free junk they scored from various booths throughout the show. This picture doesn't include all the free stuff that they already ate, of course! Always good times at the boat show. I really don't know who has more fun: Ryan, who actually looks at the boats, or the kids and I, who just wander and play!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Another fun activity. I wanna live with you guys! Or better yet, move here and tell me where to go and when.

*** said...

What a fun day! I love all the free stuff, very cool. I read and caught up and got a bit terribly jealous about your February day at the lake with weather in the 80s!! Such a wonderful place to live! Can't believe how old Marissa looks, the little babe. And way to go Maylan on her speaking part, I'm sure she was the most prepared of the bunch!