Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pure Imagination

I thought I would put these pictures up because I think it's pretty cool. This is the cultural hall all set up for the LDS Prom tonight that Ryan's been working hard on for the past couple of months. The theme is "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka and I think they did a great job. What a fun idea for the youth.

This is the whole room, looking towards the stage.

The stage area is set up with the chocolate river and boat, plus a real chocolate fountain off to the side.

More of the stage area. The kids were really digging this set-up, of course.


Along the side walls, they had tables set up with candy and balloons everywhere. The pictures really don't do it justice. It is amazing. I should have been on this committee instead of Ryan. He could care less about all of this, but I would have loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Wendy, this is Ryan's friend Laura from way back when. I came across your blog through Laurie's blog, through my friend Ashly's blog. I am so glad I came across it; it was fun to read up and see how you guys are doing. I had to laugh though because Ryan may have been complaining about the LDS Prom, but what he probably hasn't mentioned is that in High School he NEVER missed a chruch dance. Ryan and Chris Riley were regulars, so I think he may have secretly loved setting up for and planning the prom. Keep the blog going, it was so great to be able to read it.

Laura Powell :)

*** said...

Wow, they did an amazing job with the transformation! I'm sure the kids loved it, what a fun way for them to get together and have a clean night out.