Friday, April 25, 2008

Butterflies...

By the way, for those of you who were wondering, we did get two butterflies. They emerged from their cocoons while we were in Utah just as I knew they would. Ryan got home on Saturday night and said that one had escaped and was flying around the house and the other one was still in it's "butterfly house", but wasn't looking too well. I told him to just release the poor things, but he never got around to it, so when the kids and I got home on Sunday, there was still one butterfly exploring the house and Maylan's was still in it's home looking sickly. We let Brandon's go and it fluttered off happily in the backyard. Maylan's needed a little TLC. I honestly didn't think it would make it. We carefully placed it on some jasmine leaves in the backyard. A few hours later, we checked on him and he was looking pretty good! I was surprised. The next time we went out, he was gone, so I'm hoping he got well and flew off to find his friends. It was a fun experience for the kids. I couldn't find my camera before we let them go, so I don't have any pictures, but oh well.

0 comments: