Friday, April 17, 2009

Stupid Homeowner's Association

So even though I know the swing in our front yard is a little on the white trashy side (made of a plain piece of wood and knotted rope hanging from a branch that is barely big enough to hold it) and it is most definitely a danger to all who dare to ride (see photo of Maylan soaring out high above the cement walkway), I still tolerated it because it brought such simple joy to my kids and their friends. Said swing was lovingly hung by daddy one boring afternoon over a year ago and we never heard a word about it until yesterday when we received a letter from our Homeowner's Association informing us it must come down. I must say I understand where they're coming from on it and I'm happy to take it down before someone gets hurt (which was bound to happen eventually), but the kids were devastated and Maylan just can't understand why it was okay for us to have for a year, but now it must go. Hmmmm. I don't quite get that one, either, but oh well. Here are a few parting shots of the swing before it hangs no more. On the bright side, though, perhaps the grass will grow back now!



2 comments:

Elise said...

Bummer! Love the parting pics!

The Monson Crew said...

That sucks! I have always wanted a tree swing, so all along I was thinking how cute it is, not that it was white trash.