
Why am I posting a picture of my microwave, you ask? Yesterday (Easter Sunday) morning, our microwave completely stopped working. Terrible timing, too, considering I was making Easter dinner that afternoon for us and Ryan's parents. Anyway, dinner worked out fine, I just had to do a few more things on the stove than I would have like to. A microwave is a hard thing to live without, so this morning I headed down to Best Buy to get another. Before I left, I thought I would try to remove the old one from the wall to get some measurements. I was able to do that easy enough, even though it was a bit awkward and heavy. So at Best Buy, I found a nice little microwave on clearance for $175, regularly $250. Good deal. It was slightly bigger than my old one, but how much difference can 1/8 of an inch make, really? Really, it can make a big difference. An hour later, I packed up the baby and Brandon and we headed back to Best Buy. This time I had to settle for a slightly less cool model, but the dimensions were perfect. It crossed my mind to wait for Ryan to install it but then I remembered my triumph of a few years ago when I installed our garage door opener all by myself. There was no way this could be harder than that, right? It wasn't, but it was complicated and HEAVY. I'm counting this installation as my exercise for today because by the time I was done, I was sweating every bit as hard as in Debbie's exercise class! Anyway, this is getting long and I really just intended to post our Easter pictures today, but I'm just so proud of myself that I had to share! It works great, looks great, and the best part is that Ryan won't have to do it when he gets home from a hard day at work! Now I'm going to go heat up some of the leftover turkey from yesterday!
3 comments:
I'm impressed, I definitely would have waited for Jeff
Oooooh very impressive, I think showcasing such talent is definitely in order! Wow~ congrats!
It does not surprise me in the least bit that you tackled a job like that! I am always impressed by your mad skills!!!!
Post a Comment