Friday, May 30, 2008

Meet Marissa!

Our beautiful new girl is finally here! She arrived just before 2 p.m. on May 29th. It was a long labor because I was induced, but it was a very easy and smooth delivery. She weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces, and was 20 inches long. We were very surprised by her hair! Maylan and Brandon didn't have nearly that much. So far we're all doing great. Big brother, big sister and of course mom and dad are very much in love. She's awake and alert a lot, likes to eat, and hasn't been too fussy yet.

This is after her first bath. May and Buddy got to help. Then she got her first hairstyle, which was all her hair in a mowhawk with a little bow in front. Brandon loved the mowhawk!

Here she is in her car seat all ready to go home.


Sleeping peacefully in daddy's arms.

14 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh I love her! She is so cute and so perfect! I want to hold her. .

The Hyer Family said...

Yes! I remember you! I've been meaning to reply back, but only just remembered that I hadn't...beautiful baby...congrats on #3...I'm 18 weeks with our #3...I look forward to looking through all the links on your blog to others that we new in Rancho!

The Ferry Bunch said...

She is SO beautiful! I can't believe all that hair. What a pretty little girl. We'll have to come make a visit when things settle down.

Amy said...

NIn,
You totally rock, she is absolutely adorable. I'm so glad you got pictures up so quickly. I love her hair, I hope it stays dark and curly. :) Keep adding the pictures for your poor family that lives so far away.
Amy

Quarantine Coronacation said...

What a beautiful lil' baby girlie. I am so glad that things went well and now you are home with your sweet little family. Can't wait to see her!

The Monson Crew said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Great job Wendy. I'm still in utter shock that you are out and about. I almost fell over seeing you drop Brandon off at the Party. You look so happy. Congratulations!!!!!

Lauren said...

Congratulations Blockers!
I can't wait to meet Marissa in a month. She really is a beautiful baby and looks like she fits right in with the family!
I'm sure you are having a ball dressing her up in adorable clothes, arent' you?
Way to go Wendy, great job!

Erika said...

Oh, Wendy, what a sweetie!! She is so cute! I am glad everything went well!! I love the hair! Give her a kiss for us!!

*** said...

She is so very darling! What beautiful eyes and love her hair! She has a really great complexion too...what a little sweetie! We are so glad she is here and you are all doing well. CONGRATULATIONS!

Laralyn said...

Marissa is adorable!!! I love the name, too! After seeing her sweet pictures I am getting more and more excited for our third. She's a sweetie pie.

Hillam Family said...

Hi Maylan,

your sister is so so cute! I can't wait to see her. she looks like you. babys are so fun but one thing I don't like about Preston is that he pulls my hair I don't think Marissa will do that because shes a girl; Preston is cute but he poops a lot like I'm probably in there every 50 minutes changing him! I heard that her middle name is Kate thats Emma's too! she is probably fun! I want a baby but I don't want it to grow up thats the problem. I love her hair! shes adorable I mean absolutely Adorable. Love Lauren

theblockerbunch said...

Congratulations Blocker Family. Little Marissa is ADORABLE. We can't wait to meet her!

Boyd said...

Congrats! I'm so excited that she is finally here, can't wait to meet her!

Peter and Rebecca said...

Congrate Wendy and Ryan. She is beautiful!! We wish you lots of sleep and rest!

Becky and Peter