Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I think it turned out pretty good...

Yesterday we had a goodbye party for some friends of ours who are moving this week. They just graduated from a nursing anesthesia program, so my bright idea for the cake was to make it in the shape of a syringe. It turned out to be much harder than I thought, but I was happy with it in the end. And then Ryan came home and I opened the box to show him and he said, "What is it?" and I felt bad about my poor cake. But then later at the party, everyone else knew what it was and thought it was really cute, so then I was happy again.

3 comments:

The Ferry Bunch said...

i love it! You can make a syringe cake for me anytime. If you like I could swap you for some top ramen...ha ha! Does no one appreciate all our hard work! Just kidding

Boyd said...

great cake! i'm sad we missed the party :(

*** said...

It looked perfect and those it honored knew exactly what it was...you are a talented lady!!