Last Sunday, I got a text from my friend asking if I wanted to participate in a mud run on Saturday. Of course I was in. Who doesn't want to do a mud run at least once in their life? It was only a 5 K and I didn't think it would kill me. When she told me we had room for one more person, I naturally thought of Lindsey, who was also super excited to do it. Our group ended up being two teams of 5 each called the random runners because we were indeed a random group!
Here we are all at above the course of the race. This is the "before" picture. It was freezing cold!
And here's Lindsey and I in our matching mud clothes. Soon after this, we gathered at the starting line with at least a thousand other people ready to race. It was still freezing at this point. Then they decided it would be funny to spray us all down with a fire hose before they let us go. Then it got really freezing! Finally we all took off and I wish I had pictures of the race. It was really hard, but also really fun! 5 Kilometers of running up and down hills, through mud pits, and over obstacles. The worst were the pits we had to crawl through on our hands and knees. My knees are completely scratched and raw now.

The one thing I've learned after doing this first mud run is that I didn't take enough pictures. Our after pictures were taken after most of the mud had already dried and didn't really show how completely muddy we really were. I saw people along the course with waterproof cameras and that's what I'll do next time. I finished in 51 minutes, about 10 minutes behind Lindsey. I was closer to the front of the pack than the back and I was pretty darn proud of myself. It was hard, but I felt so great after it was done.

We didn't get a complete "after" shot because we ended up leaving before everyone else finished. Once again, it was freezing. We were soaking wet and muddy and after standing around for 20 minutes or so, all we wanted to do was get in the car with the heater on and head home to some hot showers. Overall, it was a great experience. I don't want to do it again next week, but I would definitely be up to do it again next year! Thanks for putting it all together for us, Jana!
3 comments:
Ha! That is awesome! I am not a runner in any way shape or form, but that sounds different and kinda maybe fun in a weird way. Way to go!
You are so amazing! There is no way I could do a run like that in a moments notice. I would have to train even for a 5K. Looks like fun though!
Way to go Wendy! I love that you jump right in the race and the mud!
Post a Comment