A few nights ago, Brandon came downstairs all upset because he said that Maylan told him he was going to kick him. Maylan tried to explain to him that she was going to "kick him out of her room," not actually kick him. He understood and they went off to bed. Later I found this letter that the ever-helpful Maylan wrote to help Brandon understand the situation better. She'll make a great teacher someday, I'm sure.

Here's the translation:
Dear Brandon:
When I said that I would kick you out I was using somthing called an expression. An expression is when you say somthing but you mean part of it, and don't mean part of it. I ment the part that I would make you go out, but I did NOT mean the part that I would kick you. Get it?
Love, Maylan
Dear Brandon:
When I said that I would kick you out I was using somthing called an expression. An expression is when you say somthing but you mean part of it, and don't mean part of it. I ment the part that I would make you go out, but I did NOT mean the part that I would kick you. Get it?
Love, Maylan

On the back, she added a little test to make sure he really "got it". Pretty funny.

7 comments:
Oh my goodness. This is classic. I absolutely love that you kept a record of it and I am grateful you shared it with us. I totally am smiling now.
Thanks Wendy.
BTW next time we head up the hill I will give you a call.
You have the BEST kids...I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read all their little stories and things they do. I could be entertained for days reading your blogs...
Oh, that is so sweet and hilarious. Love it!
Oh my gosh! Maylan is so FUNNY!! Breakin' it down for Brandon!! She is too cute. Love the post!
Oh, how funny! She is such a big sister!
Oh that is absolutely amazing. She is so beyond her age. Hilarious how she explained it and gave him sample questions on the back!! Made me smile :). Can't wait to see you in a week...and that darling smile of Marissa's!!
I don't think i've ever laughed so hard, Maylan is my favorite gal, that was the cutest letter. She is so funny!
Post a Comment