Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another Beach Day

It seems like we go to the beach a lot, so I don't really post all our beach pictures because they all seem the same after a while, but today Maylan learned a new skill: Body Boarding.

Heading out to the waves, slightly apprehensive.

Getting balanced on the board, still apprehensive.


I missed the shot of her actually riding the wave, this is after the wave crashed her. These are all the pictures I got because this was her one and only ride of the day. The waves were really strong today, though, and hopefully she'll do better on a calmer day. I was proud of her for even trying.


She was very confident in the "big hole" that got flooded as the tide came in. I guess it's good practice for next time.


Of course I had to throw in at least one picture of the baby. I love babies in the carrier with just their little heads peeking over the top looking around at everything. I'm so glad she can finally face forward. After playing in the waves, we walked allll the way down to the pier (a long walk) because the US Open of Surfing was going on. There was a lot of other things going on for us to watch, too: skateboarding, BMX bikes, motocross bikes, plus the countless booths and other entertainment. It would have been fun to wander through, but it was jam packed with people and I was a little stressed out about losing my kids. We didn't stay long, but the excitement down by the pier only added to another great beach day. We haven't had a bad one yet this summer!

0 comments: