As soon as school was out, we went to St. George where Ryan's family had rented a big house for the weekend. It was so much fun! The kids played and swam with their cousins non-stop! We had good food and good times, but unfortunately I forgot my camera so I don't have a lot of pictures of the festivities. The pictures I do have, thank goodness, are the ones from Marissa's big birthday party! She turned three while we were with Ryan's family in St. George, so we had a big party up there! It took a lot of planning and preparation before hand, but it turned out perfectly and fun and was so worth it! She was so happy! She wanted a princess party, but she has a lot of boy cousins, so I didn't like that idea. I settled on a pink and green watermelon theme and it turned out so cute!

Here's the cake! I made it before we drove up and was thrilled that it survived the drive. I made the cake more princess-y than watermelon-y because that was what the birthday girl wanted. The colors were still perfect, though! The crown on top is made out of gum paste and everything is edible on the cake except the jewels on the crown. It looked good, tasted good, and I was so happy with how it turned out!

I did a whole desert table type thing. I made watermelon cookie suckers, watermelon flavored mini cupcakes and green velvet whoopie pies. I had lots of other things planned, but it got too complicated since I wasn't at home! I did green goodie bags for the boys and pink for the girls and put those on the table, too.

I love the desert table thing and can't wait to do it again! The blank spot on the far end was for a big bowl of watermelon, but it didn't make it into the pictures.

The entertainment for the party was my newest and wondeful brother-in-law Davey! He just happens to entertain at children's parties in his spare time! He juggles and does magic tricks and balloon animals and such! It was a great show!

The audience! A total of 15 cousins, plus their parents and a few extras from my family that were also there.

The never-ending string from his mouth...

which he then gave to the birthday girl!

One of the biggest hits of his show was when he pulled out a pair of underwear from Ryan!

The birthday girl with her special balloon hat! He then made balloon animals for all the kids, too! I had a bunch of watermelon themed games to play, like bowling with watermelons and pin the seed on the watermelon and watermelon seed spitting, but after the show, the kids were just ready to play, so we didn't do any of the games.

Time to blow out the candles! She loved it when everyone sang!

And present time was a big hit, too, of course!

She got a lot of fun, cute gifts,

including a little donald duck
and a piggy bank because she's currently obsessed with money!

She also got a complete Rapunzel dress with a wig and everything.

She loves playing dress-up! And looks so strange as a blonde!

And at the end of the party, grandpa had to tie all her balloons together and send them off into the St. George sky. It was a great party and I can't believe our baby is three already. The time went by so quickly and I wish I could just keep her the way she is right now. She is so funny and so happy and brings so much joy into our family! Happy Birthday Missa!
2 comments:
I can't believe Marissa is 3! Your cakes are so amazing. I can't think they can get any better and the do. I wish I still lived by you and I would be having you do mine. Hope we can get together this summer.
I definately need to learn how to make cakes and throw parties from you. You do the most adorable things ever...it kind of makes me sick (just kidding).
Post a Comment