Easter weekend was busy for us this year. Ryan's youngest sister got married the Friday before Easter in Provo, so we traveled up there to be with them on their special day. It was a little cold, but lots of fun. The kids got to dress up fancy and spend quality time with all 14 of their cousins.

We even managed to snap a quick family picture outside the Timpanogas temple.
Marissa, Maylan and Brandon waiting during the sealing.
Maylan and her cousin, Lauren.
This picture of Marissa kind of surprised me. She looks so grown up with her hair down.

And all 17 grandkids with the happy bride and groom. Pretty good-looking group of kids, if I do say so myself!

We rushed home after the wedding to be in our own ward for Easter. I managed to snap just a few quick pictures on our way out the door. We have 9 a.m. church these days and it was kind of a rushed morning.

After church, we had our own Easter festivities as a family. We had a little Easter egg hunt since the kids missed all the other ones we had planned, and we made some yummy food, talked about Jesus, and basically just spent time together. It was actually one of the best Easter's we've had.

And a few other things... Brandon had his 1st grade performance (the exact same one Maylan did in first grade!) He was so proud of himself. He loves his teacher (and so do I). He's had a great year this year and we're so proud of him!

Marissa loves her Buddy, too! He's so long-suffering with her!

And Maylan finally participated in the Battle of the Books. She had a great time and her team took 5th place, which is actually very good considering there were about 20 or so teams there. She's so close to the end of 5th grade and she's so ready to be out of Elementary school. Me, I can't believe I'm going to have a middle school-er next year! Life just keeps moving along...
2 comments:
Beautiful kids, good times!
I can't believe our girls are entering middle school, where the boys have facial hair and muscles!:-/
They'd better keep a good distance for a few years...
I miss you Wendy!
Sheeesh I can't believe they're getting so old either! We don't have middle school, just K-8, but mine is heading to 6th grade too. Sooo weird. Siiiigh. Your kiddies looked beautiful!
Post a Comment