Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween was a bit of a disappointment this year because it happened to fall on a Sunday. Bummer. Luckily the kids were able to go to not only our ward Trunk or Treat, but they also went with Ryan's dad to his ward's. They ended up with plenty of candy and at least a few oppotunities to wear their super-cute costumes. Unfortunately, I took very few pictures. The kids are always so busy and distracted and then it gets dark... It's always hard to get pictures on Halloween and the ones I got just aren't as cute as they were in person. Oh well.

I must admit to a small bit of pride this Halloween. I made Marissa's Annie dress and Maylan's flapper dress and if I do say so myself, they both turned out pretty stinkin' cute! The skeleton was a store-bought addition because he saw it and wanted it and it was simple to buy!

I threw this one in of Brandon in his skeleton mask because he looked pretty awesome, too.

After filling her bag at the Trunk or Treat, Marissa and grandpa settled themselves down on a wall to split the loot. She really enjoyed Halloween this year!

Brandon putting on his best "mean skeleton" look.
Maylan in the flapper dress. It took hours and hours to sew all the finge on her dress. She loved it said it was really fun to wear so all the hard work was worth it!
And my little baby Annie! She loves the movie so much and watches it almost every day. She knows all the songs and quotes lines from the movie, so it was an easy decision who she was going to be this year. She loved being Annie and even though the wig was itchy, she never took it off. I think you know you have a cute costume and a cute kid when your father-in-law takes her to Home Depot in her costume and they announce over the loud speaker in the store that everyone needs to go to aisle 12 to see the cute little Annie baby! True story! Ryan's dad loved the attention she got! If only she could wear it again next year...

4 comments:

Shelly said...

So so so cute Missa and Maylan!! and Brady thinks buddy looks like a monster.

Erika said...

OH! I love homemade costumes. You really outdid yourself. I love the dresses and the girls look great. I love Maylan's shoes too...perfect! And the story about Home Depot is hysterical!

As for our themes, my kids won't let me stop now...it's tradition! ;)

Cheri' said...

Oh my gosh you are amazing! I can't believe you made both of the girls costumes. Little Annie is just adorable! And I can't believe they announced it over the speaker at Home Depot. Too funny!

Lauren said...

You even made the flapper costume? Wow! You are fully domesticated. Such talent, Wendy! The costumes are fantastic!