Friday, January 15, 2010

Merry Christmas! (Finally!)

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted! So much has happened and I've been too busy/lazy to document! I've also been too busy/lazy to take very many pictures and without pictures, what's the point of a post? Anyway, to catch up, I'll start with Christmas and go backward in no particular order because I just want to get it all on here so I can move forward! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Christmas morning was a lovely affair spent quietly and happily in our own home with our own selves. Above we see Maylan and Brandon opening the gift to them from Santa. I must say that somehow, someway, Santa made a terrible mistake this year. The Wii was not necessarily loved, nor wanted, nor enjoyed and soon after Christmas was over, it was listed on Craigslist and left our house. The kids didn't even care. Brandon said it gave him a headache. Maylan was too busy to even try it. Apparently we are not a "gaming" type family. Oh well.
They got plenty of other, simpler things that they were more thrilled with, including this horse that Maylan named CJ after the beloved horse at my parents'. She and Marissa occasionally fight over who actually owns it! I didn't take many pictures because we were having too much fun, but Brandon got a big toy boat with many accessories that has quickly become his new favorite toy.

And for Miss Mariss (in addition to new paci's in her stocking) a new bike! Super-cute and even though she can't yet ride it by herself, she loves it.

And one last shot of our Christmas morning fun. Ryan in his new Christmas pajamas that he picked out himself at the Bass Pro Shop and the hat that Maylan just knew he would love and had to buy for him. He did love it! We had a wonderful Christmas and spent a few days afterward in St. George visiting family. I don't have any pictures from that, but other than the cold, we had a great time.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I miss you guys like crazy! Posts like these are what makes me love you even more. Love the pj's and the simple but splendid Christmas that make your family wonderful.

Erika said...

Love the pj's also and love that the pic made it on the blog! Landon owns a pair but made me swear I would never, ever post it! And too funny about the Wii...just never know I guess!

Kimmie said...

I looked down at your cruise post! You guys look like fun people to cruise with too! I can't believe your kids held iguanas, and that is hilarious we found the same funny sign! (: