Saturday, November 28, 2009

Maylan Turns Nine!

So after the big hoopla of a birthday Maylan had last year, her ninth birthday seemed a little slow, but she still loved it. She turned nine a week before we left to go on our family cruise and all she wanted for her birthday was cash to spend on the trip. She did have a lovely day, which started out with her taking the most fabulous "healthy" birthday treats to school. She said everyone in her class raved about the applesauce spice muffins and juice and that she was the most popular kid in the class for the day. So we picked her up from school happy and then headed to Knottsberry Farm where she made Ryan and I ride all the crazy rides with her. It was lovely.
This is the only picture I took of her all day. She wanted the giant cupcake cake, which I was of course thrilled to make for her. Happy Birthday May! I had a thought on her birthday this year that she has pretty much spent about half of the time with us that she will (assuming she moves out at 18...). That makes me pretty sad. We love this girl!

0 comments: