Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Birthday Cake!

Partly because Marissa never officially had her first piece of birthday cake on her birthday, and partly because I really wanted to make her a cake, we had a small birthday celebration for her on Monday. Ryan's parents and Lindsey and Ella joined us for dinner and singing and cake. Marissa loved it all!

This is the cake I made her. I wanted to practice with fondant because I needed to make one for Lindsey's baby shower this week and I haven't worked with fondant much. I love how it turned out!

The big birthday girl dug right in to her little piece. There were lots of little crumbs left over when she was done, but no big pieces. She actually ate most of the cake!

She didn't even make too big of a mess of herself. Like I said, most of it really did make it in her mouth!

And this is the cake I made for Lindsey's baby shower tonight. Working with the fondant was much quicker and easier the second time around and again, I'm happy with the way it turned out. I love how smooth and even it all looks. Can't wait for the shower!

4 comments:

Cheri' said...

You amaze me with your cake making talent!!! Both the cakes are absoluty darling. Marissa is such a big girl and I'm so glad we were able to stop by on our way home. It made the 11 hours worth it. I love how she ate all the cake and made a huge mess. Happy Birthday Marissa!

*** said...

You are one talented gal with those amazing cakes Wendy! You really should sell them. I love that Marissa is 1 and into everything!! She is hilarious. I love her tan little skin and sun-kissed hair. The river looks like such a blast. Way to go May on the knee-boarding and I love Ryan's try on convincing Buddy. And, that pic of those two under the waterfall is incredible, love it!

The Monson Crew said...

Wendy you always cease to amaze!!! Of course I am not at all surprised, you are quite the talented lady. Love the cakes, you seriously need to start doing your own little buisness on the side!

Erika said...

Stunning cake talents you have there! Great job!! Love that she gobbled up all the cake too...how fun! And we're excited to see you guys soon.