Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Drop the ball, Brandon!

I am now officially a "soccer mom!" It's a little complicated. We showed up yesterday about 6 p.m. for practice number one and between adult and youth soccer, softball, and baseball games going on, there seemed to be thousands of people at the park. We couldn't even find a parking spot. Then we had to walk all over trying to find Brandon's team, all while pushing Marissa in the stroller and trying to carry Ella (we traded Maylan for Ella because Lindsey is helping Maylan with her math). We finally found his two buddies and did a little convincing with other parents and the officials to get them all on the same team. Team Dynamo! Finally the fun could begin. Brandon loved it and can't wait to go back on Thursday.

He had a hard time with rule #1 in soccer: Don't touch the ball with your hands. His coach was always saying, "Put the ball down, Brandon." "Don't touch the ball, Brandon." He'll catch on soon enough, we hope.

Ella wanted to play, too, of course. She was chasing the balls like a pro.

Brandon and his BFF Aaron got a little goofy sometimes. They liked to kick the balls at each other and try to trip each other.

4 comments:

Cheri' said...

The pictures are great. I am so glad we were able to get them all on the same team. I just hope they aren't to crazy together!

*** said...

I love these little soccer boys, so cute in their orange shirts and how perfect for them to be on the same team! Now, May's love letter is incredible. You made me laugh so hard, I'm sure it is hard to not laugh too much...hilarious.

Erika said...

We just started soccer too, and I didn't bring my camera! Aack, hopefully next Saturday I will remember, cuz after that, baby will be here!!! Am I ready????!!!

Erika said...

Oh and Maylan's crush and letter were too cute, loved reading it!