It was a long and busy and fun summer, but it all has to come to an end eventually. The kids started school this past week and while it's nice to have a regular schedule again and a few minutes to myself each day, I miss the relaxing and easy summer days.

This was a big year for Maylan. She started middle school! I think I was more nervous than she was and she's been completely loving it! She loves the independence and freedom and responsibility that come in middle school. Hopefully she doesn't get sick of it too soon!

And Brandon had an easy time of it this year. He has the same teacher he had last year and many of the same kids, including his little best friend, in his class. It's weird to be dropping him off at elementary school all by himself, but he doesn't mind. He's happy as can be!

And little Missa. I didn't really want to put her in preschool this year, but I did two years of preschool with the other two, so I felt like I should do that for her, too. She's back with Miss Rachel, all ready to go with her purple dress, purple shoes, purple headband and princess backpack, all picked out by herself, of course. She's loved it so far, her only complaint is that preschool makes her "sweaty". So that's it. Back to regular life, finally caught up on the summer blogging and now I can move on!
2 comments:
I can't believe summer is over either! It went really fast and we never got together:( Its good to hear that Maylan is loving middle school. We start in a few days and I am really nervous. Hopefully it will go well for Lex. Love the picture of Brandon's first day. He looks way to cool!
Yes it's a love/hate thing with me too. Glad for a routine, but miss the lazy, fun days. Maylan's hair is cute short and I can't believe they are in Middle School either. Scary!!
Every summer I wanna come visit you and go on some cool adventure and every summer we get so crazy and it doesn't happen. But know that I want to! Maybe someday!
Post a Comment