Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mommy-Daughter Day

Marissa and I have been spending a lot of time together lately. Not only have we had long days together while the other two are in school, but the past two weekends in a row, Ryan has taken Maylan and Brandon off on various "big kid" overnight-type adventures, leaving Marissa and I home to entertain ourselves for the weekend. It's a good thing we're such good friends! On our last weekend alone together, we happened to have an errand at the mall and we happened to walk by Build-A-Bear. She was intrigued. A few minutes later, we were waiting in line to get Marissa's first little bear. She was thrilled.

We listened to each sound over and over before she decided on the growling bear sound. She thought it was "scary" but she loved it anyway.


She was fascinated by the stuffing process. She laughed the whole time. And then when it was time to put the heart in, she was so cute as she followed the directions of the worker telling her to shake it and kiss it and such things. She took it very seriously.

She put the heart in and watched as her bear was sewed up in the back.

Then it was time to take her turn at the washing and brushing station. Again, she took this part very seriously. She only left because there were other kids waiting to clean their bears.

Choosing an outfit took a while and we tried on quite a few before settling on the pink Harley Davidson shirt because it was "like daddy's motorcycle!" When I asked her what she wanted to name her bear, she first said "doggie" and then she came up with "Rascal" somehow. We decided on Rascal. She's been a special best friend ever since, sleeping in Marissa's bed, riding in her stroller and sharing snacks. It was such a fun little activity to do with her and I loved that it was just her and I and we didn't have any other little "helpers" to bug her about her choices!

4 comments:

Maria said...

So cute! We haven't done that with Brooklyn yet, but this makes me want to. It looks like it's the perfect age!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

How fun! I can't wait until I have little girls that I can do things like that with.

Erika said...

Oh! How fun for you two! Squire's not quite old enough to appreciate our time alone together. Mostly he just wreaks havoc while I try to shop...or clean or anything.

The Ferry Bunch said...

HEY! I missed seeing you at the football party. Sorry we didn't go to the beach, I had thought it was Monday for some very odd reason. We miss you guys! Maddy kept asking when Maylan was going to come. We will definitely plan on attending the next event. Your family is so cute.