Monday, August 9, 2010

BFF's at the Beach!

As part of our "last week before school starts festivities", we finally made it to Ventura to visit our good friends who moved away about a year and a half ago. We still miss them terribly and haven't been able to replace them. I don't think we ever will... Anyway, it was a great day and most of it was spent at a super cool (although a little cold) beach near their house.

The boys.

The girls.

The boys again. There were a bunch of dunes covered in weeds that the boys spent a lot of time on. Brandon kept calling it their "island".

Marissa also liked the island and would run up and down the hills endlessly.

She then examined the sand.

The boys.

And the girls.

And the boys on the pirate ship!

And the zip line coming off the pirate ship! This was truly the coolest thing I've ever seen on a beach! It was big, high, and long and completely unsupervised! The kids loved it!

The wait would get a little long at times, but the ride was totally worth (so I was told). All in all, a fabulous day spent with fabulous friends. Can't wait to do it again!

1 comments:

Cheri' said...

What a fun day! Thanks so much for coming out. I agree with what you said, I don't think my kids will find best friend replacements either. It makes me so sad because they have such a great time with your kids.