So after we went to the ranch, we left Marissa and Maylan with my mom for the next week and went to Catalina Island with Brandon. The plan was to just leave Marissa with my mom and take the two older kids, but Maylan wanted some Grandma time, so she decided to stay. That left us with a whole week of fun and sun and sailing and beaching with just Brandon. Ryan's brother Rob and his family and Ryan's mom were also there staying on the island. The weather was perfect and we had a great time with them all. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera! So here are just a few pictures I took with my cell phone. They're not the best, but they're all I have!
Most of our days were spent obviously on the beach and in the water. This is Brandon and Tyler playing in the water just off the beach in Avalon.
Here's Brandon and Tyler showing off their super-cool boats. We didn't have a lot of sand toys, so we bought them these little plastic boats that kept them completely entertained the whole time.
Our sailboat neighbor on the mooring next to ours was awfully friendly. He had this cool paddle board that he kept trying to get Ryan to try out. Finally on the last night, Ryan decided to see how it worked. He paddled all over the harbor and never once fell off. Now, of course, he wants one of his own!
And one last shot of the boats and the harbor and the setting sun with Ryan cruising by on the paddle board. Catalina is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places that we ever go. I love it! Next time we go, I'll bring my camera!

2 comments:
I enjoy your blog so much, Wendy. I also wanted to tell you how sweet your daughter was on Sunday bearing her testimony. You can sure tell she is being taught good things at home. You have the sweetest family and I love reading about all your activities you do together. Reminds me of us when are kids were young. We were always going somewhere and making wonderful memories together. Now we have fun doing that with our grown children and our grandchildren. It only gets better!! Thank you for requesting an invite to my blog. Take care!
Gail
I went when I was younger, and Dave and I have been wanting to take our girls there! Your blog post has given me new motivation to get us all out to Catalina!
Post a Comment