Many things we do while in St. George bring back memories of my childhood and taking our kids to the old city pool was no exception. By "old" I mean "really old." My dad remembers going there as a kid and even remembers when they put in the "hydro-tube". As far as we know, it hasn't changed since my dad's days. I remember many summers of daily trips to the pool with the neighborhood kids. We were within walking distance and would kill the hottest part of the day there. For my first adult trip back, we went in the evening when it was still hot and not crowded and I'm not sure who had a better time: the kids or Ryan and my brothers. The great thing about the old pool is they have very few rules and the rules they do have are not really enforced. Anything goes!

Maylan and Brandon wanted to try going down the slide together. I was surprised they were able to hang on to each other until the end!

Maylan kept trying fancy new ways of riding down. She said riding on her knees hurt a little.

It didn't take Brandon too many rides with someone else to realize he could do it by himself (with the life jacket of course). He was so proud of himself!

Brandon thought Ryan went a little too fast for him!

Brandon and I shooting out the end of the slide. I think I'm in there somewhere behind him.
Ryan said that he could get going the fastest when Maylan was riding with him. She would only go with him twice because both times they got a little out of control and she hit her head.
Two happy kids waiting at the top of the slide for another ride down. They couldn't get enough!

When it was time to take a break from the waterslide, it was off to the diving boards. They took out the high dives long ago, but the shorter ones were still good enough for our little family. Brandon was brave enough to go without a life jacket, but he always jumped slightly angled toward the edge to make the swim back a little easier.
His swim lessons last week have really paid off. He is so much more confident and was really able to enjoy himself.

Ryan wanted everyone to see what big air he could get off the diving board. He could also make the biggest splash. He and my brothers had many, many contests.

Maylan liked to do fancy tricks, like going off backwards.

She also thought it was cool that her aunt Amy could get pictures of her underwater. All of these pictures (and many more that I didn't post!) came from my sister Amy. She does a great job of documenting my kids' lives and I'm so grateful! Her pictures always turn out so much better than mine!
0 comments:
Post a Comment