Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Book!

I always intended to make a book out of my blog, I just haven't gotten around to it. But then a few weeks ago my friend Erika showed off hers on her blog and I was so jealous that it finally motivated me to make my own. It just came today and I can't even begin to explain how much I LOVE this book! It turned out so perfect (except for a few of my own mistakes) and I can't wait to collect many more and document our whole life!




I did it on blurb.com, which was a great site and quite inexpensive. I did have a few issues with trying to make my pictures fit their layouts. They are not very flexible. I also wish I would have "dressed it up" a little bit more. On my next books I will use fancier fonts, different colors, things like that. Also, I ended up using the largest book size which was quite a bit more expensive but I couldn't change the size after the book was all finished. The pictures in the book are big, which is nice, but I think I would have prefered a more average size book. Overall, I love it. Now I'm going backwards. Hopefully 2007 will be done in the next few weeks and I can't wait until I have a whole collection of these little books.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

So cute I can't wait to start mine!

The Monson Crew said...

Love, love, love it!!!!! I am so impressed by you Wendy! Now I need you to come help me....pretty please =)

Elise said...

I love the book! I have been waiting to make one, so we can hit the 1 year mark of having a blog. I thought it would be fun to print one every year. It's so great because it is a journal/scrapbook wrapped up into one! Yours turned out great!

Erika said...

Very cool! I love it! I am ordering 2007 today~ yipee! It's great to see how everyone lays theirs out differently.