Wednesday, December 17, 2008

They've been busy...

Our kids always go to bed around 8 p.m., but that doesn't necessarily mean they go to sleep right away. They do all kinds of strange things before they finally fall asleep. This is what happened last night:


They took Brandon's GeoTrax and created a train message system from Maylan's room to Brandon's. They would each sit in their rooms with their remote controls and send the trains back and forth to each other with little messages or toys in them. I don't know where they come up with these things, but I suspect it was all Maylan's idea.
These pictures are also from last night. I love that my children and busy and creative and inventive, but oh the messes they can make! And for my friend Erika: your daughter is not the only one. You could have been describing Maylan in your recent post, right down to the love of webkinz. Her clothes have been carelessly swept off the shelves in her closet to make room for the much-more-important Webkinz.
The irony of it all is found written on the purple piece of paper on Maylan's floor. Here's a close-up:

It's not dated, but it was from that very afternoon. She always has good intentions, they just don't last very long.

And of course Brandon gets in on the messy room action, too. In fairness, though, we were watching a friend's 3 year old and 18 month old today and they contributed to his mess. Brandon's room doesn't usually get too bad and he's always willing to jump in to help me clean it up.
And this is the cycle of life at our home. We make messes, we clean them up, and then we make more messes. It never ends and to be honest, I don't want it to end, because that will mean that they've grown up. I know the day is coming soon where Maylan will go into her room and shut the door and Brandon will shut his door, too. And I know I'll miss the crazy, weird things they do together, even if my house is cleaner.

5 comments:

Adam, Laurie, Kaden, Kyle, and Kloe said...

I'm glad my children aren't the only ones to destroy the house. Kaden is good about cleaning up his messes, but Kyle struggles a little more. Just think we have another one just around the corner to add to the chaos.

Shelly said...

Maylan is so funny - Your house is always so clean when I come to visit I would never know your little angels could make such a mess

Elise said...

They are so creative! The train idea was genius!

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Too funny. I love how she threw her clothes on the floor to make room for the webkinz. Perfect.

Too, love the train message system. That is classic.

Thanks for sharing. It totally brought a smile to my face.

Lauren said...

Wendy....This is for Ryan. I checked out your blog for sure I would see a post of the new addition to the tacky Christmas sweater collection. It will not be Christmas without it. Come on, let's see it!
Adam