Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally doing MY part!


In the past, I could never picture me being in a situation that would require standing on the corner of a busy intersection holding a sign. And yet this morning, with Marissa in the Baby Bjorn and Brandon playing in the bushes behind us, I stood on the corner of Milliken and Foothill for an hour with my friend Jen, waving signs in support of Proposition 8. And we had a great time. I was only there for an hour and we counted positive responses like honks and waves and thumbs up signs and got 22. Not bad, I think, especially when you consider we didn't get any blatantly negative responses. Finally this is something I can do to help support Prop. 8 besides stay home with the kids while Ryan goes out. I haven't personally contributed anything to the cause yet and it felt good this morning. Hopefully I can do this just a few mornings a week. Every little bit helps. And the more people out there together, the better, so if anyone else wants to go do it, let me know and I'll meet you there! It'll all be worth it November 4th!

If you want to know more about Proposition 8 and why it is so important to me, here are some sites to check out:

http://www.protectmarriage.com/
http://www.preservingmarriage.org/

5 comments:

The Monson Crew said...

That is awesome Wendy! I'm so proud of you. I will join you tomorrow morning!

Lauren said...

GO Wendy!

The Little family said...

GOOD JOB Wendy!! Michelle Antenelly, Ashton, and I went door knocking together, we had them give us our routes across the street form each other. We did go to the first couple of houses together, untill we felt comfortable on our own. Then we realized we probably looked like two lesbians with a baby. LOL!! It went so well though, I felt so good after doing my part!

Debbie said...

You inspired me. I will come wave signs this week. Let's get this thing passed.

Erika said...

Way to go! Baby and all! Good job!