We had a lovely Thanksgiving week. Maylan had the whole week off from school and we were planning to go to St. George, but that didn't work out so we were forced to entertain ourselves at home. The kids' favorite day was our little hike in the mountains with their little friends. We had a great time and even made it about 100 yards down the trail! The kids got too distracted by the rocks and trees and sticks to focus on the trail much. Thanksgiving dinner was spent at Grandma's house with Lindsey and Jordan and Ella. It was nice and quiet and delicious. Of course I spent the day thinking of my many blessings and I wanted to list a few of them here, in no particular order:
My family, starting with a wonderful husband, two perfect children, and a new special one on the way. I'm grateful for my parents and for Ryan's parents and for the support they give us. I love my brothers and sisters and all my brothers and sisters in law. I could go on and on with family, because I also have fabulous grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. etc.
I'm grateful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and for my testimony. I'm grateful that most of the members of our family also belong to the same church and are such a strong example of faithfulness for our children. Our children will grow up with a strong LDS legacy on both sides of the family and I love that.
I'm grateful for our home, our ward and our neighborhood. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful and safe and family-oriented community. I love Southern California and am grateful for the weather here (77 degrees and sunny right now) and all the activities close by.
This is starting to feel long to me and I've hit the major things in my life. I could go on and on, but I won't. Happy Thanksgiving!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Thanksgiving
Posted by Wendy Blocker at 2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment