Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Some Thanksgiving Stuff

The first part of our Thanksgiving week was spent in St. George with my family. We had a lovely time as always. I attempted to get some cute pictures of my kids all dressed up after church at the temple. It didn't work very well because Miss Marissa refuses to sit still. This is as good as it got, but it was a perfect day and very beautiful there.



I thought this one was funny. Taken right after her escape from where she was supposed to be sitting and smiling nicely right next to Maylan. Not real cooperative.

She's already on her way down off the little wall. May and Buddy pose for me so well, at least.

This is about where I gave up on getting pictures of them all together.

We also happened to be in town for the last day of our favorite Jubilee of Trees! It's a fabulous charity event with hundreds of fancy decorated Christmas trees and lots of activities for the kids. It also has the best Santa ever! You can't really tell in the picture, but he looks great and he is extra jolly. Marissa didn't love him as much as I do, but she'll come around.

And no trip to St. George would be complete without a trip to the corrals to ride horses and throw hay to the cows.

Marissa was climbing on some stacked bales of hay and fell into a little hole. She wasn't very concerned about her predicament, so we took a picture before digging her out.

Maylan has become quite the little cowgirl these days. She loves anything to do with horses these days, especially riding. She wishes that we could move to St. George so she could ride anytime she wanted.

Marissa also enjoyed the horse riding this time. She was thrilled to get on with Grandpa and cried when it was time to get off.

The rest of our Thanksgiving week was spent in California where we had dinner with Ryan's family and then spent some time in Big Bear. I didn't take any pictures of any of that, but we had a great Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for that!

2 comments:

Boyd said...

Your fam does so many fun things together! Your kids are so lucky to have such a fun mom!! I can't believe how quickly the kiddos are growing up, I hardly recognize them.

Erika said...

My kids love riding horses too. I am glad we have family with horses to provide the fun memories! We were also in SG for a bit, but it was crazy as usual.